Low calorie breakfast tart anyone?
I made this for my parents and I the other morning and it was incredibleeee. I had to make a coeliac-friendly version alongside it for my mum – so this recipe serves 2.
4 bacon medallions
1 Lo Dough
tbsp low fat cream cheese
Sliced plum tomatoes
- First thing’s first, cook the bacon – I cooked mine in the oven for extra crisp. I also swear by bacon medallions for a leaner cut with fewer calories.
- Roll a lodough.co wrap between the two sheets it comes in, to flatten
- Line a circular baking tin with the Lo Dough wrap as a base and spritz with spray oil
- Beat together the 4 eggs, tbsp of low fat cream cheese and some seasoning (Grandma’s Salt as always).
- Fill the base of the case with spinach, sliced tomatoes and mushrooms. Then add the chopped up bacon once it’s cooked.
- Pour over the eggy mix to fill the tart and sprinkle with cheese. If you want it to be even lower calorie, use Eat Lean protein cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 mins at about 180. But keep checking on it around the 30 min mark. I popped this in, went for a shower, got ready for work and it was all done by the time I came back downstairs!
- Turn out, slice in half and devour.